Monday, February 18, 2008

The countdown is on...

Okay, my birthday is coming up, but more importantly so is spring. It is 30 days away. At something like 11:58 March 19, 2008, my favorite season of the year starts. I don't have any big plans for spring. Summer either, for that matter. But it is such a pretty time of year. We get lots of sun here in DFW, the temperatures generally are in the 70s to low 80s in the early spring. That means the winter doldrums will be over. (Yes, it's really hot in the summer. I know, I know.... but that is another post.)

It is just a gorgeous time of year. Colors are prettier. Flowers start to bloom. The trees start to bud out and turn green. I think this year I will go to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. I think I will go there for my birthday this year. They're having a butterfly garden from March 1 through March 30 and that sounds like fun to me.

Oh, and in case anyone who is reading my blog isn't family.... my birthday is March 16.

7 comments:

amanew said...

That will be fun. Maybe I should talk to David about coming down for a few days during Spring Break the kids would love the butterfly garden. We will let you know.

Carrie said...

Abigail at the Butterfly Pavilion at the ABQ Botanical Gardens was amusing. She so desperately wanted a butterfly to land on her like one did her daddy and her Uncle Paul. We tried to convince her she had to stand very still and be very quiet before one would land on her (before one would even have a chance to land on her). So she stood statue-still with her finger out, stage whispering "Here, butterfly." It didn't work but we were amused.

Patsy said...

Sounds like you will have a good birthday. Butterflies are so flighty ---- but they don't poop on you like birds do, and that's a good thing.

Patsy said...

Sounds like you will have a good birthday. Butterflies are so flighty ---- but they don't poop on you like birds do, and that's a good thing.

Donna said...

I won't get to go on my actual birthday.... it's Palm Sunday and the last weekend before Easter and so since my photo job is "for the holidays" I kinda have to work that day. But I'm planning to not work on Monday and go then. It should be quieter then anyway!

Zee said...

I love going to botanical gardens! Hope you take some pictures to share! 70s and 80s sound like such a pipe-dream about now where the temperature hasn't risen about 50 since October. I can't wait for summer!

Michelle said...

Hey There Birthday Girl!!! I couldn't find a more appropriate place to give you a Shout Out!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day!! :)