Friday, February 15, 2008

This post is rated R for language

I got called a "stupid fucking cunt" tonight. Yep. I was called "that" word.

I went to the grocery store after work. After I shopped, I got in my car to go home and there were people behind me that were waiting for someone to pull out. They weren't moving and no one was in front of me, so I pulled through, waited for a car to go by, and was about to pull out when this guy comes flying (the wrong way, I might add) up the aisle to pull into the space I was now sitting in. When he saw me sitting there, he flipped me off and called me a "s-f-c"!! (It was actally quite easy to read his lips... ) I must have totally looked like a deer in the headlights because I was shocked.

I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know that in the Vagina Monologues there is a whole vignette about reclaiming the C-word as an acceptable term for female genetalia. I totally understand that the Vagina Monologues is about empowering women and was created to stop the violence against women and girls. I agree with that goal -- even support it, but that is one word I honestly feel is just flat-out vulgar and violent. It has always been a vulgar word and is, I don't think, "redeemable." That word is always and will always be a threatening word to me.

I got out of there and came home and locked the door!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

I believe that person had a problem. I guess the f word with the c word really is about as vulgar an insult that a woman can receive. Hopefully venting here has gotten your blood pressure back to normal and the rest of you evening went well. Oh, and good idea about locking the door. :)