1. Court Reporting is hard work
2. Court Reporters (at least the ones I've met) are a lot of fun
3. I'm really, really excited that this is what I've chosen to do with my life
4. Contrary to what anyone says, you can come home again (at least you can after 15 years away)
5. Looks cannot indeed kill, although if they could an ADA would have killed a police officer on Wednesday
6. All of those jury charges in school sound just exactly like what happened in court!
7. Briefs are good (the court reporting kind, I have to reserve judgment on the boxer/brief debate)
8. I really need a new steno machine
9. I don't need a new computer, though
10. I really would like to have a court and be an official reporter as opposed to a freelance writer
11. Tort reform has changed the court reporting industry considerably
12. Writing on your machine for 6 hours straight will make you very tired
13. When the lawyers take a break, take that opportunity to go potty because you might not get the chance again!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants