In no particular order...
1. My Avon bisque porcelain nativity. It is just like the one my mom has. I couldn't find one I liked better, so I have purchased this one piece by piece from eBay over the past few years.
2. My new pre-lit tree. Even though one section blinks, it is still a cool tree and just the tree I wanted.
3. My "Merry Christmas Y'all" snowman. It was given to me by an ex-boyfriend's mother for Christmas (while we were still dating). It is a handmade snowman with a straw hat, red bandanna and a string of christmas lights (on his hat) holding a sign that says "Merry Christmas, Y'all"
4. My six foot door hanger that says "Jingle all the way," with a snowman head in a tall hat. My sister-in-law gave it to me several years ago as a gift.
5. My hand painted Mickey Mouse ornament. It is cool because it is a clear glass ball that was painted on the inside. I got it as a gift but I don't remember who gave it to me.
6. My "real" icicles for my tree. I bought them last year at the end of the season. They relly do kind of look like real icicles hanging around the tree.
7. A little porcelain angel ornament on my tree. It is a little bit of nothing ornament, but was the first ornament I bought myself when I got my own first tree. It always gets a special place near the top of the tree.
8. A hand-blown glass snowman ornament. Again, it was a gift, but I don't remember who gave it to me.
9. A teddy bear santa icicle ornament. I know it sounds strange, but you'll just have to trust me, it's cool looking. It was a gift from an ex- who was a real jerk, but did things sometimes that were so sweet -- like come home from a trip with friends with this silly ornament he got just because he thought I'd like it.
10. My wire star tree topper. I hunted and hunted until I found a topper I liked.
11. This little snowflake tea light candle holder my sister got me last year. The heat of the candle burning makes the fan thing spin and the hanging snowflakes cast really cool sparlkes on the wall and around the room. I think she got it as a stockig stuffer/afterthought, but I think it's really cute.
12. My Santa Clause's cookie plate and mug. Since I'm not generally at my own house for Santa's visit, I have it sitting on my mantle.
13. All the gold and red balls on my tree. They sparkle just right.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants