Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Busy, busy week...

It's the last week of school and my written state exam is on Saturday in Austin. I'm nervous, but not overly so. But, because of the test, I'm not going to get weekly winners done for last week. I'm also not going to be able to get many (if any) pictures this week. So, I'm going to cheat a little and show off PJ's little guy and my Miss A and Little B for this upcoming Sunday's Weekly Winners. I promise, I got some really, really cute shots. :)

The visit in Dumas and Amarillo was fun and bittersweet all at once. Friday night, I stayed with Grandmother and Granddaddy B. I had a great visit with them, but also saw how confused and frail Granddaddy B has become. It is heartbreaking to think that the man I've always seen as so strong has become so... old. Grandmother, on the other hand, is feeling better and better with the pacemaker. She said she wants to start walking for exercise even.

Saturday I had breakfast with G&G B and then was off to Dumas to see PJ and A. He is a cutie. It was a good visit with her and her family. It is always surreal to go to her parents' (mom and step-dad) house where I spent so much time as a youngster. The neighborhood looks the same, sort of. The trees are bigger. Her dad and step-mom are still weird and act like I'm an imposition on them. Oh well. I don't have to see them very often.

When A went down for his nap, I headed to Sunray to see G&G B again. Grandmother wanted me to come to the house. She wanted to know the things I wanted from the house. She said things like, "when the house sells..." and "when we move..." which are things she's never said, to me at least. I know she has her hands full with Granddaddy and that the this would come, but it is the bittersweet part of the trip.

Sunday I spent with A&D and their kids. Sis A and I went shopping for an outfit for D's sister's wedding. We found an awesome dress and shoes -- ON SALE. You can't beat that! When Sis A went to handbell practice at church, Miss A and Little B and their daddy and I played at the playground for a while then went to have ice cream. I got to put them (or help put them) to bed. I even got to read Miss A a bedtime story.

Little B and I got to hang out at Gran and Grandaddy C's house while Sis A went to a meeting. We played and played and had a great time. After Miss A got out of school, Sis A, Little B, and I went to pick out Little B's Lighting McQueen cake for his third birthday. Then we went back to Gran and Grandaddy's and shortly thereafter I had to leave to come back home. The trip home was uneventful. I didn't have any unplanned stops this time. (It had been YEARS since my last 'unplanned stop' by the way.)

I so want to move back up that direction. I miss everyone and wish I cold spend more time with them -- especially the grandparents. Well, I guess the test this Saturday is one more step in that direction.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures on Sunday. Or maybe tomorrow for you TT. :)

IdaR said...

Good luck on your test. I'm sure you'll do good. You've studied too long and hard not to. Love ya, kiddo.

Anaka said...

Good luck on your test! Can't wait to see pictures of Dumas (AKA Big D). :)