Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 20: The cats will be tented

No, they don't have termites! Actually, it is the way we figured out how I can take them with me to my parents' house over the Thanksgiving holiday. Moma, my sister and my niece are sensitive to the cats. Not really a full-blown (no pun intended) allergy to them, but they do get the itchy eyes and nose so just bringing them to the house was out of the question.

Still, boarding them was what I wanted to avoid, pet sitters were looking way too expensive, and I didn't know what I was going to do. So, mom went looking for some way to keep them contained that wasn't a room in her house! My dad suggested we just set them up a tent in the back yard. Since they live in South Texas, near the coast, it won't be cold, but still outside wasn't my ideal solution to what to do with them. But, the tent in the garage will be fine.

So, I'm tenting my cats in my parents' garage. They'll actually have more room than me (I'm sharing a room with the little ones) in their tent that my mom said she'd "make nice" for them with rugs and chairs and stuff. And I guess if it gets too crowded in the house, I can always go sleep with the cats in the tent!

3 comments:

The byrd said...

That is a wonderful solution!! They will be having an adventure!

Donna said...

I'm not so sure THEY will see it that way, but I just keep telling them that it is better than being boarded at the vet!

Julie said...

That's a great idea...I may have to borrow it next time we see my sister, since her husband is allergic to my dogs.

Except that Mojo is a 100 pound pit bull/mastiff who cannot be described as anything close to graceful. Maybe if we can find a tent nobody is really seriously fond of...