Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 2: Big Scare

Pardon me while I try to pull my heart out of my throat.... when I got home from work/grocery shopping today I had the beginnings of a headache, so I fed the guys and lay down on the couch for a bit. I woke up a while later to the sound of my front door creaking and the cats out on the front porch!!! I started to close the door and Maxie ran inside. I peaked outside and there was Buddy and he ran inside when I said his name.

I have carefullly attempted to put the fear of the front porch in my guys or so I thought. OMGoodness!!!! It terrifies me to even think about what 'could have' happened -- not so much to me but to the guys. I am generaly so very, very careful to make sure I shut my front door and LOCK it. I can't believe I didn't get the door shut completely and .... OMG!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Eek! That is a very scary feeling. Glad the cats are too adventurous. :)

I always have to shut the wooden door before I nap downstairs because I don't like the idea of someone being able to see me through the glass door. Strange phobia I have.

The byrd said...

That is the worst feeling. Our front door opens into a hallway. Both of our cats hear the keys and run to it immediately. I know they couldn't really go anywhere, but I always come in the door hootin and hollerin cause I don't want them to think of it as a place they need to be!