Since today is the 13th day of November, I'm going to do a history lesson of historical events that happened on each day of the month.
1. November 1, 1966 - NFL awards New Orleans its 16th franchise (All Saints Day)
2. November 2, 1993 - Dow Jones hits record 3697.64.
3. November 3, 1948 - Chicago Tribune reports: "Dewey beats Truman"
4. November 4, 1994 - San Francisco: First conference that focusses exclusively on the subject of the commercial potential of the World Wide Web.
5. November 5, 1872 - Susan B Anthony fined $100 for trying to vote for Ulysses S Grant
6. November 6, 1975 - 1st appearance of Sex Pistols
7. November 7, 1492 - The Ensisheim Meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
8. November 8, 1965 - "Days of Our Lives" premieres on TV
9. November 9, 1888 - Jack Ripper's 5th & last known victim, Mary Jane Kelly, found
10. November 10, 1775 - Congress forms US Marine Corps
11. November 11, 1918 - Armistice Day-WW I ends (at 11 AM on Western Front)
12. November 12, 1946 - A branch of the Exchange National Bank in Chicago, Illinois opens the first ten drive-up teller windows.
13. November 13, 1990 - The World Wide Web first began.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants