Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 21: Long Day at Work

Generally now I only work on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Hot Dog Place. There was a presentation that needed to be finished and since it is a "short" week next week, it needed to be done by today. So, extra hours, here I come!

But, boy was I tired at the end of the work day.

It did serve to take my mind off of the fact that Maxie was having a dental done. (The reason for the thorough exam on Monday.) For a cat, dentals include being put under -- a scary prospect for any senior cat, even a relatively healthy one.

There were no complications. He now has shiny white teeth. No extractions. That is good. I did end up with one ANGRY kitty, though. The vet techs and vet all refused to get him out of his kennel because any time anyone walked by his kennel, he hunched up, hissed and yowled like a rabid cat. The vet was amazed that I would stick my hand into the kennel with all that ruckus. I couldn't seem to convince any of them to try, though. I assured them he was all talk.

He told me how awful I am for doing that to him all the way home and for about 30 minutes after we got home. Since then, though, he's been curled up asleep.

It's funny how routine life has become and how comfortable that is. I like it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I have been really reluctant to take Mojo and Abe to the vet, because in Tucson our vet and his assistant loved Mojo and Mojo loved them. And since Moj is a hundred pound pit bull/mastiff, he can be intimidating.

But not as intimidating as your cat, I think! Mojo only ever gets cranky at other dogs, though, not people. People can give him shots, manipulate his bum hip, force pills down his throat, whatever, he tries to lick you while you do it, but a dog walks by and he loses it.

Patsy said...

Glad the cat is doing good. Glad there were no extractions. Glad you feel life is comfortable.