Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 1: November is here again...

Well, it seems that it's NaBloPoMo again.

So, I'm catching up with blogging. Let's see, since my last post, I took the RPR written exam. I passed it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I think the bad state exam had me scared that the RPR exam was going to be just as bad.

I've been to Houston. The Women of Faith conference was amazing. As always, it was good to see Moma and Daddy. But, at the conference I got to see Sandi Patty. I love listening to her sing. Daddy took care of the cats... and he didn't even turn them lose.

This morning I took the machine portion of the RPR exam. I kind of just looked at it as the "dress rehearsal" for the machine part of the state exam in January. The lit and jury charge parts were good. The Q&A portion blew me away, but that was honestly expected. I typed up the tests and felt really good about the lit, okay about the jury charge, and not hopeful about the Q&A. So, if the theatre addage of a bad dress rehearsal leading to a great performance, I'm set.

I think tomorrow I go back to work at the photo place for the Christmas season. I think that will be fun again. I've had a break and I miss it. I'll be done with it by the time the end of December, though. I have to qualify for the state machine exam by November 26. Oh, yikes, that is two weeks earlier than I thought. Okay. I guess I have to buckle down even harder.

Busy, busy life I have!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ooh. It is November 1, isn't it...and NaBloPoMo starts today.

Yikes.

Glad to hear your exam was less horrible than expected.

Patsy said...

Just take it one day at a time. Practice hard when home --- and when you're away from the machine relax and let your fingers rest.