Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 23: Yep, it's Christmas

**Weekly Winners will be posted at some point. A day late and a dollar short. Yep, that's my life.

Every year that I take pictures during the Christmas season, I am amazed at the things parents say to their children (and the photographers) during sittings. So, as you, dear readers, head out to your local portrait studio, I would like to give you some advice. My top three tips for today...

1) It's the Christmas season, folks. Everyone had the exact same idea that you did. Yes, photos make great gifts. No, I can't fit you in right this second.

2) Remember that I am a photographer, not a miracle worker. I cannot make you miraculously lose 40 pounds. I cannot make the gray hair go away. Yes, the magazines have that capability and I am sure that you have Photoshop on your computer, but you aren't at *that* kind of studio.

3) If your child is not a "smiley" child at home, I am likely not going to be able to get "smiley" pictures. Along the same line, sometimes a portrait of a non-smiling child (even a normally smiley one) can and does make a very striking portrait.

Please keep these things in mind.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Worked hard today did you.