Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 17: So we went to the vet today

Maxie has been a bit clingy and sleepier than normal lately, so I decided it was time for a check-up. Because of the diabetes, he *should* see the vet every six months, but I'm a bad kitty's person and he only gets in about once a year or when something seems "off."

So... At the lovely hour of 7:30 a.m., I loaded a very unhappy cat into my car and off we went. I was serenaded the entire 30 minute drive. Then he sang to the receptionist and charmed everyone with his leash skills. He is a healthy 18.8 lbs. and was happy and purry until it was time for a blood draw. It took two techs to hold him down and the vet to draw the blood. The poor vet tech then had to clean herself and Maxie up because Maxie literally had the sh*t scared out of him.

He's got a spot on his tummy that he's licked raw, so I'm going to have to get him an e-collar tomorrow so that he doesn't lick it anymore and it can heal. I will get pictures of that as soon as I get them... teehee.

I'll know the results of all the tests tomorrow. In the mean time, I thought I'd share Maxie's pain and humiliation of the vet with you. Poor kitty...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kitty. :( That's why it is my husband's job to take my cat to the vet...or my dog.

Stephanie said...

Poor baby!! Does he do that really strange meow that you only hear when going to the vet? He really looks beat-down in that picture!! Or really pissed...I can't tell which.

Donna said...

Actually, it was because the vet had looked down in his ears and I think they must have felt funny because he did that and shook his head for quite a while afterwards. Poor guy. I couldn't help but laugh.

IdaR said...

Poor guy. I hope he does okay.